Skip to Content
The Bent Spoon (Princeton, NJ)
Once again – I’ve fallen behind on my reviews of ice cream stops (don’t think this means I haven’t been consuming ice cream though…)
A few people had told me I should stop by Princeton, NJ on my way from South Jersey up to NY. What I didn’t know though is that it was move-in day for students here. So, seeing all the eager students (& their nervous parents!) move into their dorms sure brought me back (plus made me feel old…) Anyway. Princeton does indeed have a cute little downtown & I stumbled upon a fun little ice cream shop with REALLY GOOD ICE CREAM!
- Ordered: Dark Chocolate Peppercorn + Sweet Corn
- Flavor: 5/5
- I’m a sucker for savory flavors & the Bent Spoon did a great job with both the Dark Chocolate Peppercorn & the Sweet Corn. I was absolutely skeptical of pepper flavored ice cream – but I guess if you pair anything with chocolate it’s probably going to be good?!
- Ambiance: 4.5/5
- The inside of the Bent Spoon was closed due to covid – but they had a great system set up outside. I guess my one complaint is that they serve their ice cream in a plastic cup (is that too nit picky? I love ice cream but I also love the environment. (& I know one single use plastic cup isn’t going to save the world – but the principle of the matter!))
- As good as normal?: Of course not.
- Though with the fun, savory flavors & the creaminess of this ice cream – this comes close!
- Would go again?: YES
- Overall: 4.5/5