Skip to Content
Dreamette (Jacksonville, FL)
A perk of physically being in eastern time while working in mountain time is that after working for merely 1 hour – it’s lunch time in the eastern time zone! Dreamette opens at 12 (eastern time) so I of course worked from their parking lot for a bit, made my lunch, & then hopped right in line for an ice cream cone. (And yes, I do usually reward myself for each hour of work I complete…)
- Ordered: strawberry + vanilla swirl with toasted coconut dip
- Flavor: 4/5
- Dreamette gets bonus points for being a “not trendy” ice cream shop that has strawberry soft serve. Even if it was lousy ice cream (which it was NOT!!) I’d give them props for going rogue. AND they had SO MANY flavors of dip!! (Dip being the hard shell of chocolate, butterscotch, whatever flavor you choose that they dip your cone in.) Thankfully my friend Robyn recommended the toasted coconut dip to me, otherwise I would’ve been at a loss.
- Ambiance: 4/5
- Robyn also warned me that Dreamette “is a dump.” And I wouldn’t disagree… And I would say that maybe adds to the charm? Maybe they’re so focused on churning out delicious dipped ice cream cones that they cannot be bothered with creating a better space. Idk. Yes is was “dumpy” but not in a bad way. Still a 4/5 bc I think it was charming.
- As good as normal?: Of course not.
- But they’ve got the soft serve + a strong dip game going for them!
- Would go again?: YES
- And would make it my mission to try all of their dips.
- Overall: 4/5