Skip to Content
Creemees (various places, VT)
They get a lot of flack for it from neighboring states, but nonetheless Vermont calls their soft serve ice cream “creemees.” And apparently it’s different (read: better) than “normal” soft serve – it has a higher fat content which makes it…. (you guessed it) creamier. To do ample research on the matter – I took it upon myself to try a few different creemees from multiple venues: a beach-side vendor, a cider mill, & a gas station (!). Spoiler alert: all of them were really good!!
- Ordered: maple; maple/vanilla twist; a creemee/donut sandwich (!!!)
- Flavor: 4/5
- Ohhh each of these were all so good! The maple flavor isn’t super pronounced, so honestly I found it hard to distinguish in the maple/vanilla twist. But the thick dense texture is absolutely what made these. As for the donut sandwich – I like the novelty of it, but the creemee is clearly the best part (i.e. I’d probably skip the donut next time & just get a creemee 🙂 )
- Ambiance: 4/5
- It’s probably unfair to judge all 3 of these places with one score, but I will anyway… I do love the overall camaraderie of Vermont calling their ice cream creemee – I think that inherently adds to the ambiance of even a gas station window.
- As good as normal?: Of course not.
- Though the dense & creamy texture comes super close!!
- Would go again?: YES
- Overall: 4/5