Skip to Content
Bop’s Frozen Custard (Jackson, MS)
Bop’s is one of those walk-up or drive-thru only places. And since it was RAINING when I was here – I was frantically Googling how tall my van is & if I would fit under their clearance beam so I wouldn’t have to go outside & get drenched. (Google says my van is 7-ish ft. & then if you account for the fans mounted up top – that’s coming really close to the 8ft clearance beam that Bop’s has…)
^My clearance is also something I should just probably know? Along with: what should I do in a severe thunderstorm (like the ones projected to hit Jackson while I was there… Anyway. I’ll Googled that after getting ice cream – priorities…)
- Ordered: Snappy Turtle Sundae (they said it’s their best seller – so, I was convinced)
- Flavor: 4/5
- Any quality of custard is of course going to be delicious when it’s smothered in hot fudge, caramel & pecans. And once I worked my way to the actual custard – Bop’s was indeed what they advertised: good, old fashioned ice cream. (One day I’ll learn to just order a scoop of plain custard instead of fall for all the glitz & glamor of the toppings. But, until then…)
- Ambiance: 3/5
- Bop’s seemed like THE PLACE to be in Jackson. I’ve been sitting in the parking lot in my van (both waiting for the rain to take a break & also eating my ice cream (& also now writing this)) but – the line is just never ending!
- As good as normal?: Of course not.
- Would go again?: YES
- (but would learn my lesson & order a plain scoop of vanilla. (And if I could ensure that a different person took my order, I’d be very tempted to go do that since I’m still sitting in their parking lot…)
- Overall: 3.5/5
- (I think my acceptance of all ice creams biases my score to be high no matter what, so I went back & knocked down Bop’s scores to make sure not EVERY ice cream shop gets a 4+ rating. (But now I feel bad for Bop’s. Sorry Bop’s.))